Consultant, Investor Relations and Strategic Communications
Are you a capital markets enthusiast who was stock picking for fun in high school? Or did you realize that business and the balance sheet is really where it’s at? If you are looking to make the next major move in your career and you want a front row seat to the corporate world, then NATIONAL Equicom is the place for you.
NATIONAL Equicom is Canada’s most established investor relations and financial communications firm in Canada. It is NOT your grandad’s IR shop.
NATIONAL Equicom is able to provide clients a uniquely integrated service offering that combines deep capital markets knowledge and experience with strategic communications, the firepower of digital analytics, and best-in-class creative and marketing support.
If you want to be involved in the future of IR, and you want the opportunity to hone your consulting skills, then NATIONAL Equicom wants you.
NATIONAL Equicom serves companies of all sizes, in all industries…from multi-billion dollar health care firms to early-stage technology companies and cannabis startups. We’re an established, successful firm with deep roots in the capital markets…but we have a start-up mentality – we move fast, do great work, and help our clients succeed.
What you will do
As an integral member of the Equicom team, you will be expected to:
- Develop strong working relationships with client counterparts, built on trust and excellent service
- Manage client accounts, including work plans and budgets, and the delivery of high-quality, timely work
- Support in the design, management and execution of successful investor relations programs and campaigns (which may include message development; interacting with members of the investment community such as analysts, portfolio managers, investment bankers, retail brokers and the financial media; coordinating non-deal roadshows; preparing disclosure documents, etc.)
- Keep abreast of evolving capital markets trends, industry and competitive issues and developments that impact our clients
- Work with other NATIONAL Equicom and NATIONAL divisions and teams to deliver integrated services (from media relations and advertising to digital content development and stakeholder research)
- Demonstrate a proactive desire to seek new business opportunities with existing clients and identify new sources of revenue
- Demonstrate a continual desire to hone your skills and stretch your abilities
The Ideal Candidate Profile
All members of the Equicom team are expected to step up, push boundaries and demonstrate leadership. We deliver value by providing informed, strategic counsel and high quality, client-centric services. A track record as a proactive value builder who executes to the highest standards are key assets for this role.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written, and a demonstrated ability to engage with clients and engender trust
- Knowledge of capital markets and ability to read and analyze financial statements and disclosure documents, experience in investor relations preferred
- Established relationships in the capital markets a bonus
- Familiarity with complex situations: M&A, shareholder activism, proxy challenges and litigation an asset, although not essential
- Experience supporting the design and executing creative investor relations programs
- Firm grasp of digital/social strategies and how to apply them to capital markets communications and complex situations to create awareness and engagement
- A capacity for leadership, communication and teamwork
- A university degree in a related field and/or related certification, and a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
If you’re intrigued and up for a new challenge, submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Consultant, Investor Relations and Strategic Communications” in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.