Director/Vice President, Investor Relations and Strategic Communications - Toronto
POSTED MONDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2015
National Equicom is growing – new clients, new markets, new services. There is momentum everywhere and excitement in the halls. Join us.
National Equicom is expanding the senior team with strategic advisors who can provide investor relations and strategic communications counsel to our growing roster of clients.
Current needs are in Toronto, in our Technology and Financial Services Practice as well as in our Health and Biotech practice…but our needs will cut across many verticals and geographies in the months ahead.
Frame the conversation
We help CEOs, Boards and businesses frame the conversation, maximize valuation, drive growth and close complex transactions. Nobody is better than National Equicom at transforming a complex story into a compelling argument.
We help clients communicate with clarity and impact when it matters most: during times of opportunity, change and crisis.
We’re not generalists.
We’re experts who work at the intersection of capital markets, business, media and the regulatory environment...in a digital world.
National Equicom serves companies of all sizes, in all industries…from multi-billion dollar health care firms to early-stage technology companies. We’re an established, successful firm with deep roots in the capital markets…but we have a start-up mentality – we move fast, do great work, and help our clients succeed.
We’re also a part of National Public Relations, one of the world’s leading independent communications firms – with offices across Canada, in New York City and London UK.
What you will do
National Equicom’s senior leaders are strategic advisors – we deliver value by providing counsel as well as services. A clear track record as a trusted advisor and partner is the biggest asset to this role.
- Serve as the day-to-day, client-facing lead for multiple technology accounts
- Design, manage and execute successful investor relations programs and campaigns (which may include message development; interacting with members of the investment community such as analysts, portfolio managers, investment bankers, retail brokers and the financial media; coordinating non-deal roadshows; preparing disclosure documents, etc.)
- Project manage larger accounts, including workplans, monitoring account budgets and needs
- Maintain expert knowledge of evolving capital markets, industry and competitive issues and developments that impact our clients
- Interact on a daily basis with client senior executives, including CEOs, CFOs and Board members
- Work with other National Equicom and National divisions and teams to deliver integrated services (from media relations and advertising to content development and stakeholder research)
- Contribute to the firm’s new business development process and efforts
The ideal candidate profile
Whether you come from the corporate world, consulting or the trading desk…we need people who believe in our clients and are focused on their success. At our core, our goal is simple: we help our clients succeed.
- Recognized experience in investor relations – with established relationships in the capital markets
- Experience in technology, financial services or health/biotech, with deep knowledge of the sector’s issues and capital markets considerations
- Experience in key aspects of strategic communications, message development, and message delivery
- History of designing and executing creative investor relations programs
- Understand digital/social strategies and how to apply them to capital markets communications and complex situations to create awareness and engagement
- A demonstrated capacity for leadership, communication and teamwork
- A university degree in a related field and a minimum of seven to ten years of relevant experience
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please reference “Director/Vice President, Investor Relations and Strategic Communications ” in the subject line of your email.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Accessibility accommodations for candidates requiring them are available upon request.